Liver Disorder Care - Ayurvedic Medicine & Treatment
Our body is a complex machine where every organ plays a critical role in maintaining our well-being. Among them, the liver is pivotal as it sits under the ribcage on the right side, playing a significant role in the body's functioning.
As food and waste move through our digestive system, the liver is hard at work separating the good from the bad, ensuring that our bodies receive the nutrients they need while keeping harmful substances at bay.
But that's not all the liver does. Also, it produces bile, which helps with digestion and flushes toxins from our bodies.
Unfortunately, liver disease can damage this hard-working organ, leading to scarring and liver failure, cancer, and other illnesses.
Ayurveda recognises the liver's importance and emphasises balancing liver function to ensure overall health. The focus is on enhancing liver detoxification processes and preventing further damage. The proper diet, lifestyle, and the best liver medicine in India, such as those offered by Ashpveda, can foster good liver health.
Remember to consult your healthcare professional before consuming any fatty liver Ayurvedic medicine or significantly changing your diet & lifestyle. Take charge of your liver's health today and experience the difference it can make!
Overview Of Liver Disorder
Several disorders can affect your liver's well-being. Here's a rundown of the major ones.
Inflammation in your liver is known as hepatitis. However, if a virus causes that inflammation, it's called viral hepatitis. This can wreak havoc on your liver and make it challenging to function correctly.
There are five types of Hepatitis:
- Hepatitis A: This infection is caused due to contact with contaminated water.
- Hepatitis B: This acute or chronic infection spreads through blood or semen.
- Hepatitis C: Hepatitis C is commonly transmitted by coming into contact with infected blood.
- Hepatitis D: If you have hepatitis B, you may develop a severe variant of hepatitis D, as it does not contract independently.
- Hepatitis E: This infection is usually caused by drinking contaminated water.
Fatty Liver Disease: One way your liver can become diseased is by excessive alcohol consumption, which leads to alcoholic fatty liver disease. Alternatively, you could develop nonalcoholic fatty liver disease due to other factors.
Autoimmune Conditions: When your immune system turns rogue and starts attacking the healthy cells of your liver.
Liver cancer & Liver Failure
Symptoms Of Liver Disorder
In some instances, liver disease may not exhibit any observable symptoms. However, if present, typical symptoms may involve:
- The colour of your skin gets yellow.
- Pain in the abdomen.
- Severe fatigue.
- Vomiting or nausea.
- Easily bruising.
- Blood in stool and vomiting.
- Body losing weight on its own.
- Loss of memory.
- Hardship in sleeping.
- Build up of fluid in the abdomen called ascites.
- Urine gets dark.
- Red palms.
- Hair loss.
- Tips of your finger getting thicker.
- Testicles are getting shrunk.
- Muscle cramps.
- Pain on the right shoulder.
- Hand trembling.
- Difficulty in writing.
- Irregular menstrual periods.
- Hand flapping.
Cause Of Liver Disorder
Liver diseases stem from various causes, producing diverse kinds of liver ailments.
- A viral infection that causes Hepatitis A, B, and C.
- A weakened immune system can pave the way for autoimmune hepatitis and primary biliary cholangitis to take hold.
- Genetic conditions.
- Abnormal cells in your liver that further develop into a tumour.
- Consumption of too many toxins.
- Overdose of drugs.
- Blocked blood vessels.
- Heart-related problems that affect the blood supply in the liver.
Treatment Options For Liver Disorder
When it comes to treating liver disorders, your doctor may recommend a variety of treatment options.
- To determine if you have a liver disorder, your doctor will look at your symptoms, medical history, and the results of various tests, including imaging studies, liver biopsy, and blood & urine tests.
Below is the checklist for the best liver medicine in India that your healthcare professional may prescribe:
- Ademetionine (helps in treating chronic liver disease)
- Entecavir (helps in curing hepatitis B).
- Glecaprevir and pibrentasvir (If you're struggling with chronic hepatitis C, this combination of medications is designed to combat all virus genotypes, even if you're in the early stages of cirrhosis).
- Lamivudine (recommended for curing hepatitis B).
- Metadoxine (this agent helps in curing fatty liver).
- Nutritional supplements.
- When the liver becomes severely damaged and fails to function properly, a liver transplant is often recommended as the best course of treatment. This involves replacing the diseased liver with a healthy one to restore its normal function.
Some surgical procedures that your doctor may recommend are:
- Hepatic resection.
- Shunt procedure.
- Elective hepatic resection.
Try these incredible herbs and Ayurvedic medicine for kidney and liver problems:
Some herbs may have a rep for aiding liver function and fighting liver ailments, but they need to be a substitute for proper medical attention. So, if you're dealing with liver issues, check in with your liver specialist before gulping these herbal or best ayurvedic medicine for fatty liver.
- Sharapunkha (practitioners recommend this herb as the best Ayurvedic medicine for fatty liver as it enhances the function of the kidneys).
- Kumari or aloe vera.
- Pippali (this Ayurvedic medicine for liver cleansing help keep toxicity under control.).
- Rohitaka (this ayurveda medicine for fatty liver helps in protecting the membrane of liver cells).
- Pippalyasava (this Ayurvedic medicine for liver and kidney aids in liver disorders).
- Guduchi satva (helps in cleansing the liver by flushing out toxins).
- Patolakaturohinyadi Kashayam (this Ayurveda medicine for fatty liver helps kickstart the slow metabolism).
When your liver's not feeling great, it's time to start thinking about what you're putting into your body, apart from the best Ayurvedic medicine for liver health. Adjusting your food choices could be the key to getting your liver back on track.
- Increase the intake of carbohydrates like walnuts, coffee, wild rice, brown rice, whole oats, and wheat bread.
- Fill your plate with avocado, grapes, apples, and citrus foods.
- Cook your food with kernel oil rather than sunflower, olive, peanut, corn, canola, and flax seed oils.
- Limit your salt intake.
Why Opt for Ayurvedic Treatment For Liver Disorder?
Ayurveda has been known to work wonders in treating liver diseases, which is a major cause of concern for many individuals worldwide. The nectar-like herbs of Ayurveda are said to be able to stop further scarring of liver tissue and even regenerate liver cells. This is a promising prospect for those who suffer from liver damage.
But that's not all. Ayurvedic medicine for kidneys and liver also removes accumulated toxins from the body, which is essential for a healthy liver. By helping the body to keep the balance of vata, pitta, and kapha doshas, Ayurveda normalises the functions of the liver and the entire digestive system. As a result, complications such as portal hypertension and ascites slowly disappear as the liver functions improve.
Are you looking for the best Ayurvedic medicine for liver health that's 100% natural? Well, look no further! Ashpveda's Tanimritam Pravahi liver medicine syrup is made from prevalent ayurvedic herbs like Swetmoola, Musta, Shuvamark, Grat Kumari, Soma, Kasni, Dhatriphal, Bhunimb, Markav Tikta, Shurpunkha, Saunf, and Chetaki.
Tanimritam liver medicine syrup strengthens digestion, shields the liver from toxic substances, and helps the liver function better. Plus, this ayurvedic medicine for liver cleansing keeps the liver safe from harmful toxins. It's like a spa treatment for your liver cells, making them feel rejuvenated and refreshing.
- Avoid sleep deprivation.
- Say no to processed food.
- Consume 1893 ml water daily to flush out the toxin.
- Take 1tsp of fenugreek to soak overnight, and the next day consume it with water.
- Combine chiretta, gentian, barberry, dandelion, goldenseal, turmeric, celandine, and neem & grind it into a powder and consume it raw or with water 30 minutes prior before consuming your meal to promote liver functioning.
- Practise Gomukhasana, Kapalbhati Pranayama, Dhanurasana, Ardha Matsyendrasana, and Naukasana.
- Make sure you consume your Ayurvedic medicine for the liver and kidney on time.
- Quit alcohol.
- Avoid junk foods, tobacco, drugs, and aerosol sprays.
- Practise safe sex.
- Have an active lifestyle.
- Keep track of your body weight.
- Consult with your hepatologist before consuming any conventional or fatty liver Ayurvedic medicine.
- Get your Hepatitis B or C vaccination on time.
- If you have severe depression, high cholesterol or diabetes, follow up with your doctors and take appropriate treatments.
- Avoid consuming iron supplements.
- Avoid the use of contaminated needles either for tattoos or for blood tests.
- And last, remember to consume your 5 V's, i.e. Vitamin D, A, E, and B-12.