Kids Care - Ayurvedic Medicine & Treatment
A kid's development is a sequence that encapsulates physical, speech, thought, and emotional changes from birth until adulthood. Both genetic and environmental factors influence a child's development. While genetics determine a child's physical and mental makeup, environmental factors and learning capacity are critical in shaping their overall development. While there are many ways to support a child's development, one approach that is gaining popularity is Ayurveda.
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian system of medicine that emphasises the interconnectedness of mind, body, and spirit. It is based on the idea that each kid has a unique constitution, or dosha, determining their physical and emotional traits. By understanding a child's dosha, parents and caregivers can tailor their approach to support their needs and promote optimal health and well-being.
One of the key advantages of Ayurveda for children is that it is a preventative approach to health. By consuming Ashpveda's Arbhsudha and working with the natural rhythms and cycles of the body, Ayurveda can help to strengthen a child's immune system, boost their resilience, and support their overall development. This is particularly important in today's fast-paced world, where many children are disconnected from the natural world and its healing powers.
Overview Of Kid's Development Problem
Any condition that hampers a kid's development and endures till adulthood is classified as a childhood developmental disorder. Some of the problems which may arise are:
Autism Spectrum Disorder
- It's a neurodevelopmental disorder which is caused due to differences in the brain that affects your child's social interaction, communication, sensory, learning, and behavioural skills.
- Learning disorder refers to a condition when there is an abnormality in the nervous system that hampers the kid's academic area (reading, mathematics, and documented expression).
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, or ADHD, is a blend of constant troubles where a kid faces difficulty paying attention, gets easily distracted and has impulsive behaviour.
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- FASD can have a devastating effect on a child's physical and cognitive development. When a mother consumes alcohol during pregnancy, it can be transmitted to the fetus through the umbilical cord, causing low birth weight, vision problems, memory impairment, and abnormal facial features.
- Language is the cornerstone of communication; for children, it is an essential aspect of their growth and development. Yet, for some children, grasping the meaning of sentences and expressing themselves can be daunting due to a language disorder.
- In this disorder, the child has certain limitations in conceptual, practical, reasoning, applying, and cognitive skills.
- Cerebral palsy is a term that sounds serious and clinical, but it means that a child's brain and body aren't communicating how they should be. It's like a tangled phone line, but instead of making it hard to hear someone on the other end, it affects muscle movement and coordination.
Fine Motor Delays
- When a child experiences a delay in their fine motor skills, it can profoundly impact their daily life. Simple tasks like buttoning a shirt or using a pair of scissors become frustrating and challenging. Over time, this can lead to losing confidence and reluctance among kids to try new things.
Causes of Kid Development Problems
Many factors contribute to kid's development problems and can be classified as follows:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (here, the brain gets damaged due to sudden injury).
- Muscle weakness.
- Chronic medical illness.
- Neurological impairments.
- Infantile seizure disorder (a disorder that harms the brain of newborn babies).
- Premature birth.
- Infections in the central nervous system.
- Poor nutrition.
- Exposure to the toxin during pregnancy.
- Harm in utero (physical assault from a third party).
Symptoms Of Kid Development Problems
Is your child showing signs of developmental problems? Look out for these key indicators:
- Lack of smile during babyhood.
- Inadequate eye contact during early childhood.
- Not able to express frustration adequately.
- Doesn't responds to their name.
- Repetitive, vindictive, and disruptive behaviour.
- Not capable of sitting still.
- Speaking without thinking.
- Consistently disobeying.
- Deliberate behaviour to irritate others.
- Delay in using sentences.
- Blue or pale lips.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Swift heart rate.
- Sign of the kid getting abused.
- The problem in learning.
- Difficulty in connecting actions with consequences.
Kid Development Treatment Options
As parents, we all want the best for our children. We want them to thrive and develop their skills to the best of their abilities. But what happens when our little ones struggle with certain developmental milestones? That's where therapy comes in.
Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- In CBT, the therapist works with the kid (who has ASD) or their parents to identify specific goals for therapy. These goals might include reducing anxiety in social situations, improving communication skills, or managing sensory sensitivities.
- Throughout the course of therapy, the kid learns to identify and challenge thoughts that lead to nuisance feelings or behaviours in certain conditions.
- When it comes to children with autism, healthcare providers often use medications to manage complex behaviours like self-injury or aggression. However, studies have found that medication works best with behavioural therapies.
- The FDA has approved antipsychotic drugs for children with ASD, like risperidone and aripiprazole, to treat irritability.
- But parents must talk to their child's healthcare provider about any medication options. Being informed is the key to making the best decision for your child's health.
- Remember, managing challenging behaviours in children with autism can be tricky, but improving the quality of their life with the right treatment plan is possible.
- Physical therapy can be incredibly beneficial for children who struggle with gross motor skills, such as crawling, walking, or jumping.
- This therapy focuses on exercises and activities that help children strengthen their large muscles (legs & arms), improve their balance and coordination, and develop their confidence to explore the world around them.
- Conversely, occupational therapy addresses fine motor skills, self-help issues, and sensory processing.
- This therapy can help children who struggle with certain tasks such as writing, tying their shoes, or getting dressed.
Speech and Language Therapy
- This type of therapy is typically used to address problems in understanding and producing language and speech sounds.
- For children struggling with communication, fluency, and delays, speech & language therapy can be life-changing.
Early Childhood Special Education
- This therapy provides stimulation for early developmental skills, including play skills.
- Children who receive early childhood special education can benefit from activities that promote socialisation, language development, and cognitive skills.
- This type of therapy can be particularly helpful for children with developmental delays, as it provides a structured environment where they can learn and grow at their own pace.
- Good nutrition is important for everyone, especially children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
- Unfortunately, these children often struggle to get the nutrients they need for healthy growth and development. That's where nutrition specialists like registered dietitians come in.
- Working with a healthcare provider can let you create a meal plan that ensures the child gets all the nutrients they need, even if they're on a limited diet.
- One approach that has gained popularity in recent years is parent-mediated therapy. This method involves parents learning therapy techniques from professionals and providing specific therapies to their children.
- The idea behind parent-mediated therapy is simple yet powerful. By teaching parents effective therapeutic techniques, children with ASD can receive consistent reinforcement and training throughout the day rather than just during a limited therapy session.
- This can help children learn and generalise skills more quickly, leading to better outcomes over the long term.
Behaviour Management Therapy
- As parents, we all want our children to be well-behaved and have the skills they need to succeed. But sometimes, despite our best efforts, our kids may exhibit unwanted behaviours that can be frustrating and challenging to manage. This is where behaviour management therapy comes in.
- Behaviour management therapy is a proven approach that reinforces positive behaviours while reducing unwanted behaviours. Behaviour management therapy can help parents and caregivers improve their child's behaviour and overall quality of life by using strategies tailored to the individual child.
Why Opt for Ayurvedic Treatment For Kid's Development?
Ayurveda takes a holistic approach to paediatrics, focusing on a child's physical health and emotional and psychological well-being. It's like having a personalised health and wellness coach for your little one from the moment they enter this world.
Ayurvedic Medicine for Kid's Development Problems
When it comes to your children's health, you want nothing but the best for them. That's why Asphveda (duly certified by the Ministry of AYUSH) proudly offers all-natural products for kids' development needs.
- In today's fast-paced world, ensuring that our little ones are getting all the nutrients they need can be challenging. That's where Ashpveda Arbhsudha Pravahi Kwath comes in.
- This natural health tonic blends popular Ayurvedic plant-based ingredients, including tulsi, giloy, apple, sunthi, brahmi, and shankhpushpi. Each ingredient has been carefully chosen for its unique health benefits, making this Kwath a complete solution for children up to 15 years of age.
Some of the key benefits of this Kwath are:
- Boost the immune system.
- Remove deficiencies, deformities, or weaknesses.
- It's a perfect remedy for children who are struggling with physical weakness, mental fatigue, poor immunity, or irritability.
- It helps children feel energised and revitalised.
- Enhances memory, digestion, and overall well-being.
So if you're looking for a natural solution to help your child grow up healthy and strong, Ashpveda Arbhsudha Pravahi Kwath is the perfect herbal syrup.
- Make sure your kids do not consume hot spicy foods with Ayurvedic medicine.
- Lastly, notify your paediatrician before beginning Ayurvedic treatment.
- Adapt your kids to healthy sleeping habits and yoga.
- Your kid's health is your responsibility, but your doctor is your copilot. Only alter the dose with their approval.
- Feed your kid a balanced diet packed with fibrous and natural foods like fresh fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, nuts, seeds, beans, legumes, lentils, quinoa, brown rice, and whole wheat.
- Prepare your kid's meal with natural herbs/spices like garlic, cumin, echinacea, parsley, cinnamon, pepper, coriander, trikatu, ginger, and turmeric.
- Keep your kid's skin healthy and radiant with the healing touch of Ayurvedic oil massage.
- Want to help your little one build strong bones the natural way? Try using herbs to fortify your skeletal system!
- Keep your children's mental well-being in mind by creating a happy and healthy atmosphere around them.