Ayurvedic Acne Treatment Products
Maintaining a confident appearance is essential for various professional personalities in today's world, where first impressions matter greatly. However, amidst changing seasons, one serious issue remains consistent, which is the persistent appearance of stubborn pimples, often on the face.
No longer confined to teenage years, adult acne affects both genders equally, leaving noticeable scars due to bacterial infections, hormonal shifts, oily skin, poor diet, and stress. The good news is that Ayurveda, the ancient Indian medicinal system, not only unveils acne's triggers but also offers effective herbal remedies. Nowadays, these remedies come in packaged forms, known as Ayurvedic Products For Acne.
What is Acne?
Acne is a common skin issue. It occurs when tiny hairy pockets under the skin get blocked. This happens because oil and dead skin cells clog the pores, resulting in red bumps called pimples. Usually, these pimples appear on the face but can also pop up on the back, chest, and shoulders.
Think of your skin as having tiny oil factories connected to hair pockets. In healthy skin, these factories produce oil through tiny holes. However, when you have acne, the oil, hair, and skin cells stick together inside these holes. This causes swelling and redness. Sometimes, the pockets burst, releasing bacteria and more oil, creating pimples. While most people see acne disappear by their thirties, others might deal with it into their forties or fifties.
Types of Acne
Acne can affect people of all ages and backgrounds, but it's most common in teenagers and young adults. Teenage boys often experience it more than girls. However, acne can also stick around into adulthood, especially in women.
Also, acne leads to various types of pimples or bumps. Doctors call clogged hair follicles "comedones." There are different forms of acne, such as -
- Whiteheads - These are blocked follicles that stay under the skin, causing small white bumps.
- Blackheads - Clogged follicles that reach the skin's surface and appear black due to air exposure, not dirt.
- Pink Bumps (Papules) - Red and tender small bumps on the skin.
- Pustules or Pimples - These are papules with pus-filled tops, sometimes appearing red at the base.
- Nodules - Large, painful, solid bumps deep within the skin.
- Severe Nodular or Cystic Acne - Extremely painful and deep pus-filled lesions.
Causes of Acne
Doctors and researchers believe that acne can develop due to one or more of the following reasons -
- Excess Oil Production - When your skin makes too much oil, it can clog your pores.
- Dead Skin Cell Buildup - When too many dead skin cells gather in your pores, acne can result.
- Bacterial Growth - If bacteria start growing in your pores, acne may form.
Certain factors could raise your chances of having acne -
- Hormones - Changes in hormones, especially during puberty, can trigger acne. Pregnancy-related hormonal shifts can also lead to breakouts.
- Family History - If your parents had acne, you might be more prone to it.
- Medications - Medications containing hormones, corticosteroids, or lithium may cause acne.
- Age - While acne can affect anyone, teenagers often experience it more.
The following does not directly cause acne but can worsen it
- Diet - Some foods might aggravate acne, but research is ongoing.
- Stress - worrying a lot!
- Pressure or Friction - Tight clothes, helmets, or backpacks can worsen acne.
- Environmental Factors - Pollution and humidity can contribute.
- Picking at Your Skin - Squeezing or picking pimples can make them worse.
- Over-Scrubbing - Scrubbing your skin too vigorously can harm it.
Ayurvedic Herbs to Treat Acne
Nowadays, various products are available in the market, claiming to be the best products for acne-prone skin, but sometimes are chemically infused may harm the skin or are not suitable for all skin types. For that, switching to the best Ayurvedic Products For Pimples made with a holistic Ayurvedic approach can do wonders for the skin.
In Ayurveda, some natural herbs are used as Ayurvedic acne scar treatment to treat acne naturally!
Neem leaves have natural antibacterial power that calms inflammation and eases painful pimples. A paste of neem leaves and rose water makes a great spot treatment. Just apply neem paste on affected areas for natural acne relief. And if you don’t have time to do this, just use the Ashpveda Radiant Kashmiri Saffron and Neem Face Wash, which is the best anti-acne face wash.
This ayurvedic face wash has a unique blend of Neem with saffron, marigold, and jasmine flowers that treat acne, balance skin, and reduce excess oil. Also, it deeply cleanses and hydrates your skin.
Manjishta (Indian Madder)
Manjishta is a versatile solution for various skin troubles, from acne to scars. It detoxifies with potent antioxidants, and one of the best acne skin care products is Ashpveda’s Luminous Skin Night Beauty Balm, which is also known as pimple Ayurvedic Cream.
Nutmeg's anti-inflammatory powers calm acne and lower pigmentation. A mix of nutmeg, honey, and lemon juice works wonders for discolored skin and pimples. Apply the nutmeg blend to reduce redness and blemishes.
Sandalwood, or chandal, is an essential ayurvedic ingredient used for religious rituals as well as some skin issues. It has anti-microbial, anti-septic, & nourishing properties, making it excellent for Pitta & Vata skin issues like rashes, acne, sunburn, dryness, and more.
Also, it reverses ageing and removes scars, dark spots, etc. It even gives an even skin tone by removing skin impurities & clearing skin from within.
Saffron is another Ayurvedic ingredient with medicinal, anti-bacterial, and pharmacological properties. Its regular use helps us have a glowing & radiant appearance. It is even costlier than gold and is mainly from Kashmir, used in cooking as a seasoning or coloring agent and on the skin as a brightening & ayurvedic agent.
It can be used for skincare by consuming it in the form of tea, in a bath, and even on the outer layer of skin to penetrate it better.
It protects the skin from harmful UV rays, removes tan, brightens skin, heals wounds & scars, reduces skin impurities & cleanses within, and fights ageing factors like fine lines & wrinkles. And if you have skin issues like irritation or wrinkles, you can use saffron. Still, as it is a bit costlier, you can buy some ayurvedic acne treatment products infused with saffron extracts like Ashpveda’s Sandalwood & Saffron Night Cream.
It not only has sandalwood oil & saffron for reducing dark spots, acne, and pigmentation but also has vitamin E to improve skin tone and kokum butter for moisturizing the skin. It is one of the best acne scar removal products.
Aloe Vera soothes painful acne. You can either apply aloe vera directly to your skin or even consume it to detoxify your body to heal acne & your body from within. Try Ashpveda’s Aloe vera juice kwath, a natural solution for strength & immunity. This ayurvedic product aids digestion, maintains eye health, and promotes overall well-being while combating acne. So, why not just heal your acne from within?
And with that, using skincare products infused with aloe vera benefits do wonders like Ashpveda’s skin perfect teenage day cream, known as an anti-acne cream, which not only contains aloe vera but other natural herbs like neem, clove, and khus oil, lemon, turmeric, and more.